I slept in today which I rather enjoyed. The plan for today is to return a couple pots/pans I purchased and check out Whampoa Garden Plaza, heard there are a bunch of shops to check out. The area is within walking distance so i put on my backpack and set off. The temperature is rather nice this morning, with a great breeze off the bay. I didn't really know how to get there but I knew it was close so I just followed the signs a couple miles, turned a corner and right in front of me is this HUGE cruise ship in the center of sky scrappers. It was a really stange image. The cruise ship is a shopping center, super cool!!!
I venture a little further down the street and find the shop to make my returns (and purchase a few items). Once completed I walk around in the mall and find a large grocery store. It is fantastic, huge selection of fruits many of which I have never seen before but plan on trying. I spent $288 HK (equates to around $37US) and found many wonderful items, Tomato and Mozzarella Pringles (interesting), Mangos, papyus, Chinese spinach (curious about how it tastes), and watermellon. As soon as I got back home the sky opened up and it rained for about 3 hours! I was going to head to the pool but it was closed.
Can you guess what is in the bag??? That's right, laundry detergent, yes I am going to try my hand at using the washing machine/dryer unit. To me, it looks a little complicated... and I'm sure my clothes will not look/fit the same after I'm done. Anybody know how to work the controls???


I have a few more pictures of the apartment, enjoy.
Bathroom & view from my livingroom window





7 comments:
The view from your living room looks fantastic! Good luck on laundry duty.
Such an adventure! I'm rather impressed with your apartment--I was expecting much less given you earlier email. Had good chuckles about you and the typhoon--shouldn't post those things on your blog, don't know how your poor mother can handle it.
I agree with Jo on telling your mom everything. I remember the State Fair bus ride home story.
I have "posting name envy". I need a cooler name like "cooljules". I was beginning to wonder whether you were actually doing any work, but it looked like you did per your posting on June 30th.
I agree on the cool name, cooljules that is the best name!!!
Aunt Colleen, I love your blog, I read it everyday and have decided to make my own for my summer travels to alaska.
Taylor that is a fantastic idea, don't forget add my blog as a link on yours. Love you honey!!!
Post a Comment