Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sushi Anyone

Last night I went out with my new friend Sarah who is from Chicago, I sat next to her last week at our "Ladies Night Out" dinner, and her friend Erdo who is from Turkey. They picked me up at 7:45 and we took a taxi down to the harbour to watch the laser light show and then walked to an Irish Pub. The weather was perfect, slight breeze and the humidity wasn't too bad. We started talking to a guy from London who was there by himself, just completed 6 months of teaching English in mainland China. We invited him to join us as we left for our sushi dinner. We were to arrive at the sushi resturant by 9:30 and stand in line for 10 pm seating. At 10 pm everything is half price including drinks, what a deal. I gotta say I'm have never been a big fan of raw fish, I prefer the "rolls" which might have a little salmon or crab. This was an exerience like no other!!! We went through the menu and ordered anything which sounded appealing, salmon with mango, prawns, crab, prawn tempera, soft crab tempera, one named Brad Pitt and so much more. The four of us ended up order 34 plates of sushi which is an extreme amount of food. Can you guess how much the total bill was? $527HK which equates to $68 US, so cheap!!! After dinner we walked to a club called "All Night Long" and danced until we couldn't take anymore. It was great to get out. I am off to the US Friday for a two week stay, can't wait to see family and friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read your blog update. I was so busy at Polly's house-twins create chaos. Willy and Cullen had baseball games and Cullen caught a 15lb catfish! Awesome. Glad you made it home and it was wonderful for you, I and Polly to float in the lake. Not so great that I flipped the floater over on my head when it was beached! I had to crawl on the rocks and sand to live. So sad my family ignored my struggles! HaHa.

xxxooo Mary

p.s. If everyone doesn't know, July 30th is Colleen's BD.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Colleen! Glad you made time for a vacation!!

-meg