Temperature 29C, 85F, 73% humidity (9:30a.m.)
The weather has been very hot and the humidity high.
Yesterday we left at 8 am for a visit at one of the factorys we work with, I wanted to check on the progress of a few projects. It was a 3.5 hour drive to Yingde (factory location), reviewed some items and went to lunch. For lunch we had eel (fresh from the river) which was the entire eel steamed with garlic and herbs. Mr Au (factory owner) prepared my plate removing the bones and served me. At first I was rather hesitant as the texture seemed a little slimy for me but it turned out to be okay. Again, the head was still on the eel just like the pigeon in Ningbo. Mr. Au ate the eel head and said it was good, guess I'll have to take his word on that one. The taste was probably like having lobster but not as firm and no butter... We also had "pork chops" with a gravy looked more like a hamburger steak with gravy, tasted pretty good. There was pork with cashews, pine nuts, and celery, soup broth, steamed greens, beef with onions, and dessert was whole wheat steamed buns which were pretty sweet and served with sweet condensed milk. After lunch we headed back to the factory to discuss a several projects and finished up around 5pm. The drive back was a little quicker, I got home around 8 pm.
Alaska and Seattle Vacation--Abridged Version
13 years ago

1 comment:
YOu are certainly having a culinary adventure. I could never do it. Bravo!
Will it ever cool down there?
Post a Comment