My vacation was wonderful, my laptop stayed in Hong Kong so I could really spend my time with family. I left Hong Kong Tuesday, October 7th (Holiday in Hong Kong, not sure what we were celebrating but any day off is a celebration!!!) was bumped up to first class (second floor of a 747) and truly enjoyed being able to stretch out and sleep. The food is so much better in first class but not worth the $4000+ you pay for a first class ticket vs economy. We arrived in Tokyo an hour early so a lady whom I met on the flight and I headed to the NWA lounge and enjoyed a free buffet before our next flight. I wasn't so lucky on my flight from Tokyo to MN, I sat in economy but had an empty seat between myself and my isle mate so I could stretch out a little. Again, we arrived about an hour early to MN airport. After customs, getting my luggage, and rental car I was on the road by noon, heading to Mankato. Stopped in at work to visit with friends, ran a few errands, and had dinner at a friends house which was really enjoyable. Not enough time with friends but it was nice to spend a couple hours together.

Wednesday, October 7th slept in and then headed to Lamberton to see my 97 year old Grandma who is really lovely to visit with. We had lunch and chatted for a couple hours about family and my life in Hong Kong. After my visit I headed north to East Grand Forks to stay with my younger sister Polly and her family.
I spent several days at my sisters hanging out with her family, what a busy household (4 boys between the ages of 8-3.5 yrs.). On Saturday, Polly and I attended the morning at soccer games.
Cullen (age 5.5 yrs) in yellow (picture on the left) is a star soccer player, loves the game and runs like a mad man!!! William (almost 8) has fun playing soccer (picture on the right, second from the left and Corey is the coach). Williams game was cut short because it started to rain. We headed home to warm up and grab something to eat before Michael's where we are going to decorate pumpkins with all 4 boys


After we get the boys home, Polly and I have the rest of the day/night to celebrate her birthday (30 years) because I won't be there for her actual celebration. We get pedicures/manicures and relax and enjoy quiet time. Afterwards we play a little blackjack which we quickly lose our investment and hit a couple bars before meeting up with her friends. We met her friends at a bar in downtown Grand Forks and have a blast dancing the night away.
Sunday, October 12 - celebrating Thanksgiving
Since I will be in Hong Kong over Thanksgiving I wanted a chance to have one of my favorite meals. We had the full meal, turkey, mashed potatoes/gravy, stuffing, and corn. It was fantastic topped off with a small slice of apple pie (my favorite). It was the first time Polly or I made stuffing, I gotta say it turned out pretty good (still not as good as Moms).
Monday, October 13 - Thief River Falls
I took the twins with me and to TRF and stayed at my Moms house. My brother Dan is flying home tomorrow (lives in Kodiak, Alaska) for Mom's birthday celebration.
Tuesday, the twins and I spend the afternoon raking (and playing in) leaves.
Thursday, October 16th - Sunday, October 19Dan and I drove to Baxter, MN for the birthday celebration weekend with all of my family with the exception of one nephews. We had a blast with the kids in the water park, playing cards, antique shopping, and just hanging out with each other. It was a wonderful weekend and I'm thankful my family was able to all be together to celebrate my Mom's 75th birthday.



