Temperature 38C, 100F, sunny
Robert and Kathy picked me up at my hotel around 10:45 a.m. and they were going to show me a little of Ningbo before I head to the airport. They took me to Moon Park, it was very hot out as we walked around the lake...



Here is a picture of Robert and Kathy at Moon Park. They are one of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting. They met each other in college over ten years ago and were friends, two years ago they stared dated, fell in love and got married last May. They are expecting their first child in November.I arrived back to Hong Kong around 4 pm, picked up some dinner and now I'm watching Wimbledon Federer vs Nadal.
Saturday, July 5th
Temperature: 38C, 100F, sunnyish (overcast by pollution)
Today we are heading to Tai Zhou to check out a couple potential factories. It is a 2.5 hour drive south of Ningbo. How do I explain driving in China besides nothing like US drivers.
Constant changing lanes, flicking of headlights, honking of horns, I can't say how fast we were going because my mother is reading this (she has a tendency to worry). Lets say I was a little uncomfortable on the way home, actually I yelped a couple times which probably scared Robert more than it did me.
Constant changing lanes, flicking of headlights, honking of horns, I can't say how fast we were going because my mother is reading this (she has a tendency to worry). Lets say I was a little uncomfortable on the way home, actually I yelped a couple times which probably scared Robert more than it did me. We arrived at the factory around 1:00, went through their showroom to see what kind of products they produce. We are able to select items which we are interested in and they will provide us with pricing. Again, it is so hot i am soaked within a couple minutes of walking around. Once we have finished selecting products we move into a larger room to discuss the product specifications and price. KFC for lunch, I guess they must think all Americans love KFC, I probably eat there twice a year (right Randi?). After lunch we take a tour of the factory which is not climate controlled (air conditioned) and walk across the road to tour the second factory which is the printing factory. We finish up around 3:30 and head off to visit another printing factory which is really small and not one I would recommend.
It is time to head back to Ningbo, we stopped at a roadside "market" to pick
up some Yumae (red berries which are really good). It is
around 2 hours back to Ningbo, we head to the restaurant and have a very nice dinner. After dinner we do a little shopping, I picked up some Olympic souvenirs for my family, a few more DVD (The Soprano's full series $7 and Band of Brothers $5), and a couple of Chinese paintings which are stitched. We head for another foot massage, yes I am getting spoiled. Get back to my hotel around midnight and I am sleeping in.
up some Yumae (red berries which are really good). It is
around 2 hours back to Ningbo, we head to the restaurant and have a very nice dinner. After dinner we do a little shopping, I picked up some Olympic souvenirs for my family, a few more DVD (The Soprano's full series $7 and Band of Brothers $5), and a couple of Chinese paintings which are stitched. We head for another foot massage, yes I am getting spoiled. Get back to my hotel around midnight and I am sleeping in.Friday, July 4th HAPPY 4TH OF JULY
Temperature: 40C, 104F, sunnyish (overcast by pollution)
Today we are heading to a warehouse to quality check one of our holiday programs before it ships on Monday. The warehouse is fairly new but no air conditioning which reminded me a lot of my sister Polly's wedding (HOT), it felt like someone was pouring water slowly down my back. I must have sweated out 10 pounds. Afterwards we went to visit a couple factories in the area who are producing product for us. I got back to my hotel around 5, took a shower changed clothes and went out to dinner with Henry (vendor who produces some of our products). We went to a very nice restaurant which use to be a families home many years ago. The dinner was delicious, steamed prawns with fried garlic, scallop covered with cheese and baked to golden brown, pigeon (even the head with the tongue sticking out), dim sum (shrimp), steamed veggies (beans, onions, carrots), chicken with caramelized pecans (only ate the pecan), and fried rice. After dinner we went to a small market so I could purchase some DVD's each were 15RBM (equates to $2.20), several were brand new like Kung Fu Panda (for my sister) and 21. Afterwards we went for a foot massage, got home around midnight.
Thursday, July 3rd
Temperature: 36C, 95F, 78 percent humidity, sunny
Today I had a meeting with one of my vendors at 9:30 am, finished up around noon took
the train back to my apartment packed, took two shuttles to the airport express train station, got my boarding pass and took the train to the airport. Flight left around 4:30 and I had a window seat which allowed me to snap a couple photos.
the train back to my apartment packed, took two shuttles to the airport express train station, got my boarding pass and took the train to the airport. Flight left around 4:30 and I had a window seat which allowed me to snap a couple photos. Robert picked me up at the airport, at took me to my hotel, The Sheraton which is really nice. The temperature was 39C, 102.2F and I thought Hong Kong was hot. I had a few projects to go over with Robert before we heading off for a foot massage (one of life's greatest pleasures!!!). It is an hour and a half process of being taken care of, we were in a private room with a plasma TV, tea, fruit, and dimmed lights. Not only do you receive a foot massage but a back, neck, legs, arms, and head massage. Got back to my hotel around 11 pm. My hotel room is fantastic, soft bed, down pillows, and a waterfall shower head. Tomorrow will be a busy day.

1 comment:
Hello Colleen Marie. We got back from Southern MN (sad to say we went to attend the funeral service for Lori's mom, Judy Solem) and read your latest post. Mom, I, and Polly went to the service and Polly was lucky enough to share a room with Mom and I. Apparently, mom and I snore in alternating symphony. Polly said mine was short lived and then I was quiet. Thank goodness!
Hope all is well!
Post a Comment